Share |

15 Ekim 2010 Cuma

Halpern Newsletter
Notes on Music as a Carrier Wave for Consciousness, Audible and Subliminal Affirmations
© 2010 Steven Halpern

One of the more esoteric concepts that I introduced to the world in l973 is that music can act as a "carrier wave of consciousness" of the composer and performer. Now that the concepts of quantum physics have become familiar to many of you, it's not as far out as it seemed back then.

The world of music was quite different back then. There was no genre of new age music, no field of sound healing. I based my understanding on the discoveries of leading edge scientists that I had met as a result of my biofeedback and bioenergy field research. I presented this idea as a partial explanation of why my music was evoking such radically different responses than traditional classical music.

If you read the article that I highlighted in last month's newsletter (An Insider's Guide to Choosing and Using Healing Music) you know that I also discussed the unconsciously manipulative effects of rhythm, melody and pattern recognition. (If you haven't read it, you can do so here: http://www.innerpeacemusic.com/healingmusicguide.html)
So I'll leave those alone for now, and focus on a topic that rarely gets the attention it deserves.

Over the past 30 years, a number of companies, therapists and other individuals have marketed guided meditations in which their voice is accompanied by music. A lesser number have also released subliminal versions, in which all you hear is the music.
In the latter case, it stands to reason that if the music were a turn-off--for example you didn't like the music, or worse, the music gave you a headache--it wouldn't matter if the affirmations were properly scripted. You wouldn't be able to listen long enough to get any benefit.

This is also true with music accompanying the spoken word. I've had several profound experiences listening to programs that are currently being widely promoted. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say, I've had several profoundly disturbing experiences as I listened. At this moment, I won't tell you which ones they are. But I've compared my reactions with several other professionals whose expertise I value, and we've all had the same response.

Codependency and Taking Better Care of Yourself

Why do I mention this? Because I've met so many people in my workshops over the years, and through emailed questions to my website, who thought something was the matter with them, rather than the program. This is a classic form of codependency and lack of self-esteem. I'm here to say, "If it doesn't feel right, don't listen any more." Trust your innate wisdom to keep you safe. You deserve to take better care of yourself.

When I mention this to folks, I point out that most reputable companies have a "satisfaction guarantee". You usually have the right to return a product that doesn't work for you. It is also true that what doesn't work for you may work for someone else....And it is also true that there are simply some programs out there that are so poorly produced that I wouldn't think they'd work for anyone.

Relaxation and Receptivity to Positive Affirmations

Research has shown that we are most receptive to positive input when we are in a state of deep relaxation. Whether you are listening to a spoken or subliminal program, this enables the information and affirmations to go deeper into the subconscious mind.

Recently, I was listening to a relaxation program, but the music was causing my stomach to tighten up in knots. I was breathing shallowly. I realized it was a waste of my time, and ejected the CD.

Why is this important? When you buy a program to support your health and well-being, it's not just the words, but the entire soundscape. This includes, of course, the music, but something more.

Music as a Carrier Wave of Consciousness

What do I mean by a carrier wave? It's a term from physics, which describes how the state of mind, body and spirit of the composer and performer rides on the coattails of the music. It's an energetic imprint that goes beyond the notes themselves.

Put another way, it's not just the notes, but the energy that comes through.

And that's why I've chosen several extraordinary new compositions as part of soundscapes on several of my latest releases. I think you'll see what I mean if you give them a listen.

Soundscapes for Breast Health and Prostate Health

Relaxing music has always been the foundation of my SoundWave2000 ™ subliminal self-health series of recordings. In the process of producing our new programs, Dr. Eva Selhub and I recognized that there were times we wanted to move, dance and exercise, while simultaneously getting the added benefit of the "subconscious empowerment™"

You'll find the three up-tempo tunes that were born during the recording of my new album, Paradigm Shift, namely, "First Kiss", "Quantum Leap", and "Hip Pocket". Each has a great groove, of course, but I believe there's something much more significant at play here. I can't prove it yet, but something very wonderful channeled through as I was so totally attuned to the quantum field. I'd like to open up the research opportunity to all of you as well. Let me know if you can feel the added dimension of the "carrier wave phenomenon".

Affirmations that Move Body, Mind and Spirit

To my surprise, I enjoyed listening to the audible affirmations as well as the silent affirmations as I moved. She did, too. That's why we are including both the relaxing and the more energetic songs on our programs, Breast Health and Prostate Health.

Breast Health AudibleWhich versions are most effective? There's no definitive answer to that. Typically, as I've said, relaxation is the key. But I believe in some cases, additional factors can create a highly effective outcome as well.

If these two programs are not of interest to you just listen to the music-only versions on Paradigm Shift. It will be a while until I'm able to set up a suitable research study, and that's why I'm inviting anyone who wants to participate in the real world research to listen and share you feedback with me.

What else makes these songs so appropriate for body-centered healing? Pay special attention to the great bass players on these songs. Michael Manring and Marc van Wageningen are two favorites I've had the honor and pleasure of recording with. Their sound, and the notes they play, make it easy to get your lower chakras moving and grooving. The lower frequencies of the bass, of course, automatically resonate that part of your body, so it's a double bonus.

Audible vs. Subliminal: which is better?

In my opinion, it's not a matter of "better than". There's a time and a place for both. Each has its own perfection. Personally, I usually don't listen to a lot of spoken word guided meditations and audible affirmations, but I found that I continue to enjoy listening to Prostate Health. I'm sure many women will have the same experience listening to Breast Health.

When Dr Eva and I began working on this project, we didn't have a firm street date. We allowed the project to unfold in its own time.

We take it as more than a coincidence that both programs are being released in October, which neither of us were aware of when we began, is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

We believe these programs can make a positive contribution to the field, and encourage you to forward this newsletter, as well as the relevant sections of last month's newsletter, to your friends, family and colleagues.

Here are links to each:
Breast Health Audible: www.innerpeacemusic.com/BreastHealthAudible
Breast Health Subliminal: www.innerpeacemusic.com/BreastHealthSubliminal
Prostate Health Audible: www.innerpeacemusic.com/ProstateHealthAudible
Prostate Health Subliminal: www.innerpeacemusic.com/ProstateHealthSubliminal

With the program available as individual tracks available for MP3 download, you can choose whichever versions you prefer. These tracks are available exclusively on my website at this point in time, but will soon to be available on Amazon.com as well. They will not, however, be available on iTunes, because I was recently informed that iTunes is not currently offering any subliminal affirmation programs.

On a final note, related not to music but to sound: Have you noticed the sound of your computer lately? All computers (and their cooling fans) are not created equal. Some are much noisier than others. I find these very difficult to use. Many others do, also.

Recently, my associate, Diana, discovered through our wonderful computer technician Jon, a water-cooled computer case called the Sonata III 500, manufactured by Antec. Of course, I had to check it out. It was love at first hear. If you've been looking something like this, you might want to check it out yourself. http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Sonata-III-500-Quiet
(Please note, this a computer case only, and does not include the processor, motherboard, etc.)

Until next time, stay tuned with healing music. I hope to meet many of you as I'm out on tour this month.

Steven Halpern

Steven Halpern created a paradigm shift in modern healing music, and that's why his latest major release is entitled Paradigm Shift. He has also just released guided meditations with Eva Selhub, MD which he discusses in this newsletter, as well as Lake of Souls with Jeff Baker, an extraordinary medical intuitive and psychic healer. Visit www.stevenhalpern.com to hear samples and order.

Hiç yorum yok: